2018-2019 ENROLLMENT WINDOW
From November 13, 2017 to January 19, 2018
You are welcome to come in person and submit a student letter of intent at the main office Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00am to 4:00pm
PERIODO DE MATRICULACIÓN 2018-2019
13 de octubre del 2017 al 19 de enero de 2018,
Le invitamos a pasar por la oficina de la escuela en persona para someter una carta de intención para su hija/o que entrará a sexto grado el próximo año escolar.
La oficina estará abierta entre las 7 de la mañana y las 4 de la tarde de lunes a viernes
For the 2018-2019 School Year
- Starting January November 13, 2017, and ongoing until January 19, 2018, all parents of incoming 6th-grade students only may come to our school to complete a Numbered Letter of Intent. This is called our Enrollment Window.
- If on January 19, 2018, less than 140 Letters of Intent are received, all those students who have completed a letter of intent will be accepted and their Parents/guardians will be notified to come to the school and fill out an enrollment packet to finalize their matriculation.
- If on January 19, 2018 more than 140 Letters of Intent are received, a Lottery will be held on Monday, January 22, 2018, at 4:00 pm in the 6th Grade Commons of the school. This process will randomly select 140 students to be enrolled. Students not selected for the first 140 seats will be placed on a waiting list and will be contacted for enrollment if and when any seats become available.
Vista Charter Middle School will give admissions preference in the following order:
(1) Siblings of students currently enrolled in the school, or wards of their parents.
(2) Students who currently reside in the Los Angeles Unified School District
(3) Children of current employees and developers, not to exceed 10% of the school population.
* * * * *
Vista Charter Middle School does not charge tuition, is non-sectarian in admission policies, programs, and all other operations, and does not discriminate against any student, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the enrollment or admissions practices at this or any charter school, please call LAUSD at 213-241-5401
* * * * *
For the current school year, and all future years, all students entering, advancing or transferring into 7th grade will need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster immunization called (Tdap) for school in the fall.
The new school immunization law affects all students in public and private schools.
Pertussis is a very contagious respiratory disease that can be severe and last for months. The immunity received from either early childhood immunization or pertussis disease wears off over time, leaving older students and adults susceptible again to pertussis. Immunization with Tdap can protect students, schools and communities against pertussis.
For more information please go to the Shots for Schools websites. See Assembly Bill 354 Ch434.