November 13, 2018 to January 18, 2019
We Invite You to Submit a Student Lottery Application Form to Enroll Your Child in 2019-2020 School Year
Vista Charter Middle School
2019-2020 School Year
All incoming 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade students:
- Parents/guardians may complete a Numbered Lottery Application during the above-mentioned enrollment window
Incoming 6th-grade students:
- If on January 18, 2019, less than 140 letters of intent are received, parents/guardians will be notified of their child’s acceptance and invited to fill out an enrollment packet.
- If on January 18, 2019, more than 140 letters of Intent are received, an enrollment lottery will be held on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019, at 3:00 pm in Commons of the school. This process will randomly select 140 students to be enrolled. Students not selected for the first 140 seats will be placed on a waiting list and will be contacted for enrollment if and when any seats become available.
Incoming 7th and 8th-grade students:
- If on January 18, 2019the combined number of previously enrolled students and new lottery forms is less than 140, parents/guardians of new students will be notified of their child’s acceptance and invited to fill out an enrollment packet.
- If on January 18, 2019, the combined number of previously enrolled students and letters of intent is more than 140 at each grade level, an enrollment lottery for incoming students will be held on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019, at 3:00 pm in Commons of the school. This process will randomly select students to be enrolled to fill the remaining open seats after previously enrolled students are confirmed. Students not selected for the remaining seats will be placed on a waiting list and will be contacted for enrollment if and when any seats become available.
All forms must be received from November 13, 2018 to Friday, January 18, 2019, by 4:00 PM, in order for your child to be entered into the lottery. The form may be submitted either online, in-person or via the US Postal Service with the above mentioned stamped date. For all of the above options, parents/guardian should keep the receipt or a copy of confirmation email until the lottery day.
The form may be brought or mailed to:
Karen Amaya, Principal
Vista Charter Middle School
2900 West Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Please contact Dr. Don Wilson, Superintendent, to address any question at (310) 428-0539 or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school office at (213) 201 -4000
* * *
Vista Charter Public Schools do not charge tuition, are non-sectarian in admission policies, programs, and all other operations, and do not discriminate against any student, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or disability. Vista Charter Public Schools are schools of choice, and parents may choose to send their children to a different school in the area.
Parents can obtain additional information regarding enrollment procedures by calling the Los Angeles Unified School District at (213) 241-6701.
* * *
Vista Charter Middle School will give admissions preference in the following order:
(1) Siblings of students currently enrolled in the school, or wards of their parents.
(2) Students who currently reside in the Los Angeles Unified School District
(3) Children of current employees and developers, not to exceed 10% of the school population.
For the current school year, and all future years, all students entering, advancing or transferring into 7th grade will need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster immunization called (Tdap) for school in the fall.
The new school immunization law affects all students in public and private schools.
Pertussis is a very contagious respiratory disease that can be severe and last for months. The immunity received from either early childhood immunization or pertussis disease wears off over time, leaving older students and adults susceptible again to pertussis. Immunization with Tdap can protect students, schools, and communities against pertussis.
For more information please go to the Shots for Schools website. A copy of The Assembly Bill 354 Ch434 is available on this page.