should not be offensive to anyone – teachers, students,
2. Students who are not wearing an obvious costume must be in
3. All students participating must come to school dressed in
their costumes -- no getting ready in the
building. Therefore, students should not bring makeup or
hair products to school. Anyone found with those items will
have them confiscated. They will not be returned. Candy is
also not allowed.
4. Costumes may not be demeaning to any ethnic group, race,
religion, nationality, disabilities, gender (boys as girls and
vice versa), or individual (staff or student) at the school.
Costumes may not show obscene materials or prohibited
5. Costumes may not cause a disruption or distraction to the
school program, i.e. no revealing costumes, no masks or
costumes that restrict movement or vision, prevent sitting at
desks, or prevent participation in physical education
class. Costumes must not obstruct movement in the
6. No weapons, toy weapons, or props replicating weapons are
to be brought to school.
7. ****If you are not sure, don't wear it!
8. Students currently under 30 Day Probation Will NOT
participate. They must be in their Vista Uniform.